FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NEW YORK – A growing number of value-priced beach resorts are offering swimming pools with water slides, modern, comfortable room decor, and no-cost kids’ activities, redefining what a budget vacation means, according to an exclusive article on the “10 Best Beach Resorts for Families” in the May issue of Parents magazine.
The article, part of the magazine’s on-going “10-best” series, evaluated more than 200 beach resorts in the U.S. and Caribbean based on room rates and other resort costs, the quality of the supervised children’s program, the variety of family activities, the pool and beach area, and many other factors that are important to moms and dads. “Our winners are practically rolling out the red carpet for families on a tight budget,” says Sally Lee, editor in chief. “Great kids’ programs and perks are no longer exclusive to resorts with high price tags.”
The 10-best resorts for families are, in order of their ranking are:
1. Sheraton Grand Bahama Island Our Lucaya, Bahamas
2. Club Med Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.
3. South Seas Island Resort, Captiva Island, Florida
4. Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
5. Disney’s Vero Beach Resort, Florida
6. Beaches Negril Resort and Spa, Jamaica
7. Hilton Hawaiian Village, Honolulu, Hawaii
8. Ocean Edge Resort & Spa, Brewster, Massachusetts
9. Loew’s Coronado Bay Beach Resort & Spa, San Diego, California
10. Rio Mar Beach Golf Resort Casino & Spa, Puerto Rico
Details about each of the resorts, a list of 10 runners-up, and additional information about the ranking is available at parentsmag.com. Also on the web site, readers can sign a petition until May 31 urging hotels and resorts to provide lifeguard coverage at their swimming pools and private beaches. Parents magazine will forward the petition to each of the major hotel and resort chains.
For more information or to book an interview with an editor from Parents, call Susan Soriano at 212-499-1627.