DES MOINES, IA/NEW YORK, N.Y., (August 23, 2011) — Meredith Corporation (NYSE:MDP) today announced that it is offering special editions of Parents and Fitness magazines featuring enhanced, bonus content on Barnes & Noble’s (NYSE:BKS) award-winning NOOK Color Reader’s Tablet™ i. Additionally, this fall Meredith will begin offering a special edition of Better Homes and Gardens on NOOK Color.
The special editions of Parents and Fitness provide fresh and rich digital videos, audio, and other extras that deepen and expand consumers' experiences with brands they love and trust. From workouts and healthy lifestyle activities, to creative ways for parents to enjoy time with their children and families, every feature delivers helpful, valuable and entertaining content.
Meredith also announced today it is bringing several of its other leading magazines to NOOK Color, including Ladies’ Home Journal, Eating Well, Midwest Living, Siempre Mujer and Traditional Home. These interactive magazines feature all of the print edition content and Barnes & Noble’s innovative ArticleView™ feature. They join Meredith’s Family Circle and MORE, already currently available on NOOK Color.
Meredith expects that by the end of the year it will have nearly two dozen of its magazine brands available for the millions of NOOK Color customers, all available for subscription with a 14-day free trial, or via single copies through the Barnes & Noble NOOK Newsstand™.
“We are excited to be adding key brands from our best in class portfolio to Barnes & Noble’s digital platform. We know from our research that our readers thoroughly enjoy NOOK Color, and are thrilled to be expanding our offerings with such a great partner as Barnes & Noble,” says Liz Schimel, Chief Digital Officer for Meredith's National Media Group. “These new offerings deepen our commitment to meeting our readers’ multi-channel expectations and desires.”
Over the last year, Meredith has aggressively expanded its digital editions. In addition to NOOK Color format, Meredith offers:
- Subscriptions and single-issues of Better Homes and Gardens, Parents and Fitness on the Android tablet via Next Issue Media.
- Subscriptions and single-issues of Better Homes and Gardens, Parents and Fitness on the Apple iPad.
- Subscriptions and single issues of its Special Interest Media, Creative Collection and Hispanic brands – including Siempre Mujer and Ser Padres – and Wood, Successful Farming, and Living the Country Life through the Zinio platform.
- A dozen branded mobile Apps, including American Baby's popular Baby Names which has over 650,000 downloads, and Parents Flash Cards with nearly 100,000 downloads.
- A broad array of branded consumer websites that comprise the Meredith Women's Network, which reaches more than 25 million unique users every month.
Fitness & Parents NOOK Screenshots: http://www.ge.tt/#9iatE37