NEW YORK, Nov. 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Meredith Corporation (NYSE:MDP) announced today that Meredith Video Studios, its original programming development and production business, will launch an original channel called "Digs" on YouTube in early Calendar 2012. "Digs" will launch with seven original series developed and produced by Meredith Video Studios. Each episode will be four to five minutes in length.
"The 'Digs' channel launch marks another step in expanding our broad video portfolio, and increases Meredith Video Studios distribution of innovative and engaging content to YouTube's worldwide audience," said Paul Karpowicz, President of the Meredith Local Media Group. "Our new YouTube video channel is a nod to our expertise in original programming creation."
The goal of "Digs" is to entertain viewers, and bring the home and garden category to life. Original series scheduled to launch on "Digs" include:
- "Jordan in the House" – Jordan Reid is a modern-day domestic queen of decorating and entertaining, and writes every move she makes, even the mishaps, in her hit blog.
- "Door Knock Design" – A DIY expert shows up at a viewer's front door and turns her home design dreams into reality in one day. It's a crash course in home decorating, and a chance to translate big visions into doable one-day projects.
- "Gardens of the Rich and Famous" – Celebrities and the super-rich show us their gardens, ponds, gazebos and green houses, and give viewers a taste of what life's like in their backyard.
- "Porcelain Thrones" – In each episode, we explore the coolest, wackiest and ritziest bathrooms ever designed, and hear the story behind it…. no pun intended!
- "Home-Made" – On city sidewalks and in town markets, we meets craftsmen who are making it as vendors of homemade goods. From jewelry to quilts to cowboy boots, they take us to their studios where we learn the method and story behind their one-of-a-kind wares.
- "Ready, Set, Celebrate!" – Every occasion is a time to party if you have a little creativity and the right team on your side. From the decorations to the caterer to the nanny service, we'll take you inside the party.
- "No Man's Land" – We all know the term "man cave," but where is the lady's room? This series takes a look at her answer to the man cave be it a powder room, green house or a scrapbooking room. And viewers learn how to make a room of her own.
Meredith Video Studios creates network-quality video based on Meredith's highly trusted magazine brands for multi-platform delivery. Its growing portfolio includes:
- Branded-entertainment and original programming production capabilities including ideation, strategy, development, production and distribution;
- "Better," a 60-minute nationally syndicated daily women's lifestyle show airing in more than 150 markets and nearly 80 percent U.S. households, shot and produced in MVS's new HD studio in New York City; and
- Meredith Video Network including BetterTV.com, Parents TV and MyFirstBaby.com.
About Meredith Corporation
Meredith Corporation (www.meredith.com) is one of the nation's leading media and marketing companies with businesses centering on magazine and book publishing, television broadcasting, integrated marketing and interactive media. Meredith owns or operates 13 television stations that reach nearly 10 percent of television households across the country and one radio station: WGCL-TV (CBS), Atlanta; WPCH-TV (TBS), Atlanta; KPHO-TV (CBS), Phoenix; KPDX-TV (MYN), Portland, OR; KPTV (FOX), Portland, OR; WFSB-TV (CBS), Hartford-New Haven, CT; WSMV-TV (NBC) Nashville, TN; KCTV (CBS), Kansas City, MO; KSMO (MYN), Kansas City, MO; WHNS-TV (FOX), Greenville-Spartanburg-Anderson, SC-Asheville, NC; WNEM-TV (CBS), Flint-Saginaw, MI; KVVU-TV (FOX), Las Vegas, NV; and WSHM, (CBS), Springfield, MA and radio station WNEM-AM in Saginaw-Bay City, MI.
SOURCE Meredith Corporation