DES MOINES, Iowa and NEW YORK, Aug. 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Meredith Corporation (NYSE:MDP; www.meredith.com) – the leading media and marketing company with national brands serving more than 100 million American women and local television stations in large, fast-growing markets – announced today a series of senior leadership promotions in its National Media Group. These moves follow yesterday's news release announcing the promotions of Tom Harty to President and Chief Operating Officer of Meredith Corporation and Jon Werther to President of the National Media Group.
The promotions, effective immediately, are:
- Georgine Anton to President of Meredith Xcelerated Marketing. Anton has been with Meredith Xcelerated Marketing since 1999, and she was named its Vice President and General Manager in 2015. Anton earned an MBA from New York University's Leonard N. Stern School of Business and a Bachelor's degree from Saint Lawrence University.
- Kim Martin to Chief Brand Officer. In her new role, Martin will oversee Corporate Marketing and Video Creation. Martin joined Meredith in 2015 as Chief Strategy Officer after spending nine years as President of WE tv. Martin earned an MBA from Georgia State University and a Bachelor's degree from Georgia College and State University.
- Doug Olson to President and General Manager of Meredith Magazines. In his new role, Olson will oversee content creation and sales for Meredith's subscription titles and newsstand publications; Production, National Media Group Finance and Information Technology. Olson joined Meredith in 2000 as Vice President of Interactive Media and has led the National Media Group's acquisition integration activities. Olson earned an MBA from Drake University and a Bachelor's degree from DeVry Institute of Technology.
- Stan Pavlovsky to President of Meredith Digital. In his new role, Pavlovsky will oversee all National Media Group digital sites and products, strategy, sales and data. Pavlovsky joined Meredith in 2013 as President of Allrecipes.com. Prior to Meredith, Pavlovsky held leadership positions at Drugstore.com, Microsoft and Boeing. He earned an MBA from Seattle's City University and a Bachelor's degree from California State University – Northridge.
- Tom Witschi to President of Consumer Products. In his new role, Witschi will oversee consumer-focused revenue initiatives, including circulation, brand licensing, ecommerce and content licensing. Prior to Meredith, Witschi was CEO of the EatingWell Media Group, acquired by Meredith in 2011. Witschi earned a Bachelor's degree from the University of Vermont.
Anton will continue to report to Tom Harty, while Martin, Olson, Pavlovsky and Witschi will report to Jon Werther, along with Chief Revenue Officer Michael Brownstein.
"We're pleased to announce these well-earned promotions," said Harty and Werther. "Meredith consistently ranks as one of the nation's most effective and respected media companies, and that's a direct reflection of our talented workforce and leaders like these. We look forward to continued innovation and operational excellence."
ABOUT MEREDITH CORPORATION
Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP; www.meredith.com) has been committed to service journalism for 115 years. Today, Meredith uses multiple distribution platforms – including broadcast television, print, digital, mobile and video – to provide consumers with content they desire and to deliver the messages of its advertising and marketing partners.
Meredith's National Media Group reaches more than 100 million unduplicated women every month, including nearly 75 percent of U.S. Millennial women. Meredith is the leader in creating and distributing content across platforms in key consumer interest areas such as food, home, parenting and health through well-known brands such as Better Homes and Gardens, Allrecipes, Parents and Shape. Meredith also features robust brand licensing activities, including more than 3,000 SKUs of branded products at 4,000 Walmart stores across the U.S. Meredith Xcelerated Marketing is an award-winning, strategic and creative agency that provides fully integrated marketing solutions for many of the world's top brands, including Kraft, Lowe's, TGI Friday's and NBC Universal.
Meredith's Local Media Group includes 17 owned or operated television stations reaching 11 percent of U.S. households. Meredith's portfolio is concentrated in large, fast-growing markets, with seven stations in the nation's Top 25 – including Atlanta, Phoenix, St. Louis and Portland – and 13 in Top 50 markets. Meredith's stations produce over 660 hours of local news and entertainment content each week, and operate leading local digital destinations.
Meredith's balanced portfolio consistently generates substantial free cash flow, and the Company is committed to growing Total Shareholder Return through dividend payments, share repurchases and strategic business investments. Meredith's current annualized dividend of $1.98 per share yields approximately 4 percent. Meredith has paid a dividend for 69 straight years and increased it for 23 consecutive years.
SOURCE Meredith Corporation