First Inaugural Awards Spotlight The Latest Items That Boost Dental Hygiene
NEW YORK, Dec. 12, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Health released its Oral Care Awards honoring 28 of the top products to achieve optimal oral hygiene, spanning categories that include toothbrushes, floss, mouthwash, and more. As nearly half (46%) of adults 30 and over show signs of gum disease1, the annual Oral Care Awards guide readers through the latest options available to properly care for their mouths, teeth, and gums. Each product was expertly selected to cover various preferences and personal needs. The full list can be viewed online at Health.com.
"Oral health is an integral part of our overall health and well-being. Poor oral health has been linked to diabetes, dementia, and an increase in cavities and gum disease, but many of these conditions can be prevented by following a thorough dental routine that starts at home," said Katrina Chernoff, General Manager of Health. "The first-ever Health Oral Care Awards recognize the products helping people improve their dental care routines, build preventive care habits, and provide a guide to the best products for their individual preferences and needs."
To select this year's top oral care products, Health editors independently researched and reviewed over 150 products and worked with a panel of dental professionals who provided expert insights and personal recommendations on how to build a proper oral care regimen. In addition, readers will find information on how to protect and preserve their oral hygiene, tips on how long you should brush your teeth, and proper techniques to use.
The categories and winners of the 2022 Oral Care Awards include:
- MamaP Toothbrush
- Tom's of Maine Naturally Clean Toothbrush
- Doctor Plotka's MouthWatchers
- Philips Sonicare 9900 Prestige
- CURAPROX, the Hydrosonic Pro
- Oral-B Pro1000
- Colgate hum Smart Rhythm
- Davids Sensitive+Whitening nano-Hydroxyapatite premium toothpaste
- CVS Health Gum & Enamel Repair Toothpaste
- Crest Pro-Health Densify
- hello Antiplaque + Whitening Fluoride Free
- Colgate Optic White Stain Fighter Toothpaste
- Tom's of Maine Luminous White
- hello Naturally Healthy Antigingivitis
- Listerine Zero Alcohol Mouthwash
- Crest Pro-Health Clinical Rinse
- Dental Herb Company Tooth & Gums Tonic
- Tom's of Maine Naturally Waxed Antiplaque Flat Floss
- BURST Floss
- Mintly Dental Floss
- Waterpik Sonic-Fusion 2.0
- quip Rechargeable Water Flosser
- Philips Sonicare Cordless Power Flosser 3000
- CariPRO Water Flosser
- Crest 3DWhitestrips Professional Effects
- drTung's Tongue Cleaner
- Snow The Tongue Cleanser
The panel of experts that were chosen to create this year's list included:
Brandon Harris, DMD, cosmetic dentist, Biltmore Cosmetic & Restorative Dentistry, Jennifer Osei-Fosu, DDS, Pronamel spokesperson, Navid Rahmani, DDS, periodontist, Manhattan Periodontics & Implant Dentistry, Marina Gonchar, DMD, orthodontist and owner of Skin to Smile, Ashley Lerman, DDS, pediatric dentist, founder, Firstgrin and Daniel Rubinshtein, DDS, cosmetic dentist.
Health is a renowned source for evidence-based health and wellness information that meets everyone – inclusive of all genders, ages, races, and abilities – where they are in their health and wellness journey. For over 40 years, Health has helped millions of readers cut through medical jargon, providing information in an easy-to-understand and culturally competent way to help readers take the next step in their health. Health is part of the Dotdash Meredith publishing family. www.health.com
- Eke P, Thornton-Evans G, Wei L, Borgnakke W, Dye B, Genco R. Periodontitis in US adults: National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2009-2014. JADA. 2018;149(7):576-586.